Acrylic Painting – The latest artist fad
Have you been to an art store lately? Acrylic paints are everywhere. Oils had harder to find and acrylics are dollars less expensive. What is up?
Acrylic paints have a few advantages. Let’s recount a few.
- Acrylic paints are less expensive
- Acrylic paints are water soluble. Easier to use and clean up in soap and water.
- Acrylic paints are less toxic. Usable in confined spaces with less ventilation.
- Acrylic paints dry faster. They are quicker to use.
- Can paint on more surfaces without preparation. Paper, canvases, plastic, wood, metal, etc.
- Acrylic paints can paint any of
the following techniques.
- Acrylics don’t fade over time.
- Acrylics create crisp edges.
- Acrylics can paint more graphical in style.
If you haven’t checked out the acrylic paints. Do so.
The advantages are great.
Illustrations sold at https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheeOldePeddler .